A Woman’s Wellspring Annual Renewal
Instructions and Insights For 2021
Thank you for your participation in A Woman’s Wellspring, your community supported medical practice. This information outlines what to expect in the coming year and how to best take advantage of our services.
Your annual fee supports the educational outreach (Mini-Medical School and Newsletter) and additional time during office visits which is so important in preventive medicine.
Annual fees are due Jan 1, 2021 for the upcoming year.
A Woman’s Wellspring is not a concierge practice, but a direct-to-physician co-operative. There is no corporation or insurance company between you and Dr. Taylor. I am proud that we were early leaders in this growing trend, and our fees are still considerably under market. Most direct-to-physician practices charge $60-80 per month ($720-960 annually). We have modestly increased our annual fee to cover increased costs (see below).
A Woman’s Wellspring has always invested heavily in cyber-security, with monthly costs over $1,000. We currently have a state-of-the-art system. However, we now need to invest further to upgrade hardware for 2020 and beyond.
Why? Your name, social security number and bank account numbers sell for $25.00 on the black market. Health information (insurance info and medical records) sell for $1,000 (source: AARP, Sept 2019). If you have ever been burglarized and sought advice on avoiding another assault, the best recommendation is “harden the target”. These thieves are opportunists. If the job is difficult, there is always an easier job nearby. We need to make it as difficult as possible for your information to be breached. Our costs to further harden our target will be about $10,000 in 2021.
Prior Authorizations (PA)
At this time of the year, you receive an electronic or paper copy of your FORMULARY for 2021. This is an important document as it determines the cost of your medications for the coming year. We are experiencing very high prescription drug costs, especially for hormone replacement therapy. We need your help. Please keep a copy of your formulary and bring it to the office for your annual exam especially if you anticipate a change in medications. Please be aware that medication coverage changes every year. Your insurance company or Medicare PDP makes their most profitable contracts with pharmaceutical suppliers and these are changed every year.
It takes the office at least 15-30 minutes to file a PA. Many offices in San Francisco are charging $50 per Prior Authorization. If you can help us with the background research, we may not need to charge for this service, or if we do, it will be much less. Background research means knowing what medications you have tried and failed, the dates, and the adverse effect. This information, in conjunction with your 2021 FORMULARY, is essential to a prior authorization or appeal.
Dr. Taylor is a board certified physician in Obstetrics and Gynecology as well as holding a Ph.D. in Behavioral Genetics. Her lectures and guest speakers go beyond the usual sound bites and fads to give you the in-depth science-based information you need to optimize your health. We look forward to seeing you and sharing this cutting edge information in a congenial interactive environment. In the past year, we were weeks ahead of the major news media in discussing Forensic Genetics, Stress Management (primarily politics and climate change), the medical uses of cannabis, and strategies to maintain vital capacity while aging.
Please check to be sure we have your legible preferred e-mail on the contract. If you wish to receive the newsletter by email, be sure to indicate a “yes” preference in the contract. Dr. Taylor cannot send you the newsletter without this written permission. Also check your Spam and Bulk mail. Some systems place our Constant Contact newsletter in the Bulk mail file, and Gmail places it under the Promotions tab. Once the email is discovered, you can instruct your email system to move it and future issues to the Main/Preferred Email tab.
Tai Chi Chuan Classes
Dr. Taylor is taking a break from Tai Chi Chuan after more than twenty years of teaching. There are many excellent teachers in the community and the schedule is available on the Tai Chi for Health Community, Monterey Bay website: https://tchcmontereybay.com/
Our encrypted messaging service is Klara. You may receive a text message saying you have a message from Dr. Taylor with a blue link. Clicking on this link will take you to a secure, encrypted HIPAA compliant website which holds your message.
You can also e-mail Dr. Taylor at: firstname.lastname@example.org but please restrict these unsecured communications to Newsletter and Mini-Medical School concerns as privacy regulations require encrypted e-mail for all medical communications.
HERE’S HOW TO RENEW YOUR PARTICIPATION
Enrollment or renewal is a two-step process.
STEP ONE is to review the Participation Agreement, then download the PDF version, sign and return the agreement.
STEP TWO is to make payment for the plan that applies to you via Paypal or credit card (or check).
(After reading the agreement, download the PDF version, sign it and return, as detailed in the PDF form.)
Participant Name: ______________________________________________Date of Birth_____________
Billing Address (must match billing address on credit card):
This Participation Agreement summarizes the terms and conditions under which Stephanie Taylor, M.D., Ph.D. will provide services as outlined below to the participant, _______________________________________ (Participant’s printed name)
- Medical Services. Dr. Taylor will provide specialty consulting services to the participant during the term of the Participation Agreement. Dr. Taylor is not a primary care provider. Rather she works with the primary care provider to provide in depth counseling and medical services. This does not include laboratory testing or radiology services ordered by Dr. Taylor. These services are addressed in your insurance contract.
- Conduct of Practice. Dr. Taylor provides both preventive medical care services as well as the full range of office based gynecology.
- Annual Fee. The participant agrees to pay a yearly sum, which may be paid annually or quarterly. Quarterly payments will be billed automatically with a credit card. If you choose to pay quarterly by check, we will expect you to submit this by mail. We will be happy to provide you with a schedule and e mail reminders. The fee structure for the coming year is:
Age 26-74 years = $335.00* ($90* quarterly)
Family Plan (Mothers and Daughters) =$435.00* ($115.00* quarterly)
Age less than or equal to 25 years of age =$159.00*
Age more than or equal to 75 years of age =$159.00*
More than or equal to 85 years of age =$100.00*
* See late fee policy below.
- Rights and Responsibilities. Dr. Taylor’s Medical Practice is neither a health insurance nor a health benefit plan. Your participation is voluntary. You will continue to be responsible for all medical expenses covered in your health insurance plan. We will bill one time as an out-of-network provider as a courtesy. All payments for office visits are due at the time service is rendered.
- After hours coverage. Services are normally rendered during office hours, 8 AM-5PM Monday-Thursday. Dr. Taylor will accept after hours calls for true emergencies, and for urgent issues such as bladder infections. Prescription refills require 48 hours advance notice.
- Term This participation agreement is effective from January 1-December 31 yearly. It will renew automatically unless cancelled by either the participant or Dr. Taylor in writing. Members who join on or after October 1 will pay that year’s quarterly annual fee at the time of first visit, and then will be billed the full annual fee that December for the upcoming year.
- Newsletter: (check one) Send newsletter: Yes__________ No__________
Invoices mailed early December with a due date Jan 1.
LATE FEES: Late fee is 10% of the annual fee. Quarterly billings are mailed on the first and due within 30 days. Late fee is $10, compounded monthly. Credit Card payments will be processed on the first day of the Quarter. There is a $5.00 fee if card is declined+$10 late fee of payment not made by the first of the month.
I wish to participate in Dr. Taylor’s Community Supported Medical Practice. I agree to the terms of the practice described above.
PAY FOR YOUR ENROLLMENT by credit card or PayPal here: